Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Drum Week


I've intentionally strayed away from blogging instructional things on my blog. Mainly because I'm 25 years old, I don't know much. Actually, I think the most valuable thing I learned in college is that I, in fact, know nothing. That being said, I'm changing my view on that particular issue. I'm going to start offering some guidance, opinions, teaching, whatever you want to call it on some topics I think I know a thing of two about because hey, if you didn't want to hear it, why would you be reading this in the first place.

I'm going to start with Drum week. Every day this week I'm going to talk a little bit about my methodology when it comes to drumming. Some topics will be...

*Getting Started
*Technique
*Equipment selection
*Playing style
*Showmanship (very important)
*Working with your fellow musicians

Hope this week can be helpful! If it matters, I do have a degree in music education which I have never used for anything more than a placemat.  However, I still do some work with high school percussionists in my free time.  If you're not a drummer and you don't care, come back next monday.

***Disclaimer-Everything I will say is completely my opinion supported only by my experiences. Don't be offended if whatever I say conflicts with whatever you do.***

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home