Wednesday, November 26, 2008

LA-A

I was talking to Jeff DeSelm and Sam Harper tonight at Brian and Jenna's Birthgagement celebration. I guess Sam either has a student or knows a student who's name is LA-A. They asked me, "How would your pronounce that?" I came up with about fifteen variations of how you could say La with an accent on the a. Turns out, the dash is not silent. The child's name is pronounced "Ladasha." Are you kidding me? Shouldn't the people who write the names on the birth certificates be able to tell the parents, "Uh, no." Well if that's kosher, then I just figured out what I want to name my hockey player child. "DA/A" Figure that one out and you get a prize.

5 Comments:

Blogger DC Curry said...

I gotcha DaSlasha, I'll be picking up my prize tomorrow at 1:30, see you then.

2:04 AM  
Blogger John Keim said...

Shoot... DC would be up at 2 am to get this one...

9:04 AM  
Blogger Marc Millan said...

I can't figure it out but I am hoping you are a Musician with that kind of name, please tell me you do something in the arts?

www.TheGiftRevolution.com

8:37 PM  
Blogger Danni Barnum said...

Hahaha. You should meet my brother-in-law...Who wants to name a child Dabrickashaw after some hockey player... Something tells me you guys would get along.

P.S. as funny as that would be, please don't subject a child to that... :)

5:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Something...division A??

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home