Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Creativity


So Derry Prenkert did a whole week's worth of posts on creativity last week.  They were great.  I figured, since my job requires some creativity, I'd give my perspective.  Before I go any further, it will not be helpful for you...at all.  Just read this to waste time at work.  Because be honest, that's what blogs were invented for.  Something to do to help waste time at work.  

When I need to be creative, and I can't be, I turn to my old standard.  I stare at the floor with my fingers on the keyboard of my computer.  Why do I do this, do you ask?  I have absolutely no idea why.  If I can't think of anything for about 20-30 seconds, I start tapping my foot on the floor really fast.  If that doesn't work for another 20-30 seconds, I start launching my foot off the floor and slamming my knee on the underside of my desk and then back down to the floor and repeat.  Again, if that doesn't work for about 20-30 seconds,  I just start typing the word "The" into my search field on google over and over and over again.  Something about the rhythm of typing those letters is soothing to me.  Then I laugh to see what my inquisitor app for safari brings up when I type the letters T...h...e  over and over again.  By that time, I've forgotten what I'd been trying to think about, and usually I think of something about 20 minutes later.  

I know that you think...I made that up.  I did not.  That honestly happens to me at least twice a week.  

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

I believe every word of it!

6:47 PM  
Blogger philandbryan said...

Jeff have you looked into seeing a shrink. haha just kidding. u should hang out with those guys in the creative arts dept. I hear there what do you call it.......thats right, CREATIVE! ha.

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home