Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Christmas Decor(Second Installment)


For about twenty years now, I have been collecting nutcrackers at christmas time. It all started when I was asked what I wanted for christmas when I was 5 or 6 and I said I wanted a Toy Soldier. I saw them in Babe's in Toyland and some of the disney christmas cartoons and decided I needed to have one. Well mom and dad had no idea what I was talking about. They pointed out a nutcracker in a department store that looked pretty much like what I was thinking of and asked if that's what I meant. In my small brain, it was. Anyway, I fell in love with them and the story. Not the ballet so much, although I've seen it a few times. Anyhoo, fast forward to now...I have a ton of these things ranging from really nice hand carved nutcrackers, wal mart nutcrackers, tall ones, small ones, musical ones, themed ones, lot's of different drummer nutcrackers, nutcracker books, ornaments, blankets, pictures, clocks, advent calenders....the list goes on. Many of them didn't even make it out of the box this year because I realized something. If ALL you have to decorate the house with is nutcrackers, it's actually slightly creepy. Just a house full of oddly dressed wooden statues staring at you.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not wooden, I can put on some odd clothes and stand in your house and stare at you!

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TheGiftRevolution.com is a global movement to inspire the world through acts of giving, because when a gift is given, whether big or small, it makes a world of difference. Person to person, community to community, country to country, you can follow the journey and share your story here.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas! Join the revolution!

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your home decoration is pretty, I like it.

4:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home