Sunday, April 13, 2008

Fry Fest '08

On a rainy boring saturday night, me and some of my closest were having a discussion about which fast food joint does indeed have the best french fries. Well the conversation got heated, then we got hungy, and then a life long dream of mine came to fruition. We hopped in two sets of cars and headed out to wrangle up a ton of fries. After going through as many favorites as we could, we narrowed it down to six finalists: Wendy's, Arbys, McDonalds, Dairy Queen, Burger King and Rallys. We brought the pile home and went to town on our feast of fries. After careful consideration, and heartburn, we have a winner. The undisputed 'worst fries' go to Steak 'n Shake...no argument there. In the 'mustang' category (fries with extra spices/additives other than salt, grease, and potato)...Rally's fries take the cake, although we do give honorable mention to Wing's Etc.'s Cajun Fries. And in the pure breed race, Burger King took the checkered flag. And the only reason it won was because it was the only box we actually completely finished. Must have meant it was the best right? My new years resolution was to eat healthier than I did last year. I'm off to a bad start.

5 Comments:

Blogger Angie Aquila said...

Did you hear about the construction worker in NYV who buried a David Ortiz jersey, under two ft of concrete in the new Yankee Stadium? Sox fans crack me up.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

That makes me laugh. I agree BK fries are the best.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Jeanna said...

Never would have thought of doing that on a rainy day...

I'm a fan of BK fries as well, but Dairy Queen's believe it or not are quite good as well. Did you taste test those as well?

And Steak and Shake's fries have the potential of being edible, you just have to smother them with cheese. :)

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I swear I have never had Rally's fries. But my wife gasps and says I had them once. Guess I need to go back. She is telling me right now, "Oh I can taste them right now!" I don't know what I'm missing apparently! LOL!

9:21 PM  
Blogger Kellums said...

LOL!!! Yeah Burger King ftw

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home