Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Bucket List Tour...in photo's

So there's a whole bunch of stories about the trip that didn't get told already, and I'm an image oriented guy so, we'll do a little photo album of all the fun.
We were in a Wal-Mart in Oklahoma at about midnight trying to find a media card for our camera when I had a run in with these folks on their motorized carts.  Let's just say...they drank a little bit too much of something and the filters were gone, especially the lady on the right.  She started following me around the store asking if I wanted a ride.  After I repeatedly said 'no thank you' she decided to press the issue and she added some choice names for me which...weren't very kind--she needed a do over.  At any rate, DC and then John showed up and joined in the fun.  And yes, DC eventually had a ride to satiate them.  
When we were in downtown Dallas we were having a really hard time finding a large parking lot for the RV, so I actually had to parallel park the thing.  The photo is a bad angle but trust me, there was a car in front the RV and curb behind it.  Now I can scratch off "parallel park a bread truck" for my to-do list.
Matt Melton...boy it was good to see him.  He used to live up here and played with all the boys at Granger.  Now he's living in Dallas working as a bass player at a club called 'Cowboys' and he also plays bass at Fellowship Church's downtown Dallas campus.  He's fun...we went for a walk...my shoes got muddy...he had no furniture in his new apartment...snorkel.
Good 'ole Chris Prater recommended an open pit barbecue place that was just a bit down the road from Fellowship.  It was life alteringly good.  If you'll notice my half chicken has a bit of a yellow glow (that's because they dipped it in melted butter before they gave it to me).  I can hear my heart attack encroaching.  
The Mix had an amazing student band, especially this young lady who had some AMAZING pipes.  I never say this, but I was blessed when I heard her sing.  Dang!  The nice thing about that is, I think we've got some girls in our ministry who have the capabilities to be just as good.  Get ready!
We swung down to Austin and had lunch with DC's family.  They were awesome...and his brother Dante is hilarious.  
While we were waiting for our jeep tour in Sedona, AZ (more pictures later) I got to take in some nature-in-progress.  I appreciate it even more so now that I'm home and there's still snow on the ground.  Bring on the green up here...now!
At HSM in California, we had the privilege to hear Doug Fields speak.  We got to talk with him a little bit and were even invited to lunch on wednesday (which was problematic considering we left california on monday).  
Santa Monica pier at sunset was just nice.  That's all I got on that one.
We not only found the physical embodiment of Tom Foolery (Tiki Tom), but he wrought havoc on several places including the Hoover Dam.  
Wednesday we got lucky on a little pull off spot somewhere in Colorado.  The was a stream that fed into the Colorado river and there was a little path alongside it that had some climbable mountains on either side.  We did a little filming and what seemed like a lot of climbing.  The view was fantastic.
Thursday we got to spend some time and chill in the afternoon so I found me a rock in the middle of the river and pop'd a squat.  Nothing like spending some time with God in the middle of some rapids right?
Luke got us tickets to Notre Dame vs. George Mason at the Pepsi Center in Denver.  Not only were they great seats, but Notre Dame put a beat down on the Patriots.  Wish them luck this afternoon versus Washington State.  

6 Comments:

Blogger Heather Stevens said...

Wow! those are some great pictures! It sounds like you had a lot of fun!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

I am incredibly jealous. Beautiful scenery and spending time with Matt. I love the pictures. Welcome home. I can't wait to hear more stories. Wendy's maybe?

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're home safe an sound. Can;t wait to see more pictures.

-Dad

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, nice pics. i particularly like the one of you standing one the mountain. anyhoo, looks like i'll be seeing you a lot more often on about two weeks. I'm starting at GCC on Apr. 7th!

12:36 AM  
Blogger Jeff Kamp said...

Awesome trip Jeff!!! Looks like you got some nic pics too. The scenery is awesome out there!

9:34 AM  
Blogger Jonathan J. Bartkowiak said...

Matt Melton LOVE THE SHIRT!!! WE could get along. JOHN DEER :)

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home