Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Bucket List Tour - Day Five


Please forgive my excitement and excuse my rubbing it in but it's WARM AND SUNNY down here. For some reason, this past winter in South Bend was pretty hard on me. So when we got out of the RV down here and it was in the 70's and sunny, it brought a smile to my face. There's bud's on the trees, people are wearing shorts, and I'm not freezing. We got a chance to walk around downtown Austin today which is in the midst of the South by Southwest Music Festival. I was actually supposed to come down here for the Interactive Festival last weekend with Daryl and Steve, but I wasn't able to make it because of a wedding. Luckily, as fate would have it, I made my way down here anyway. I'm guessing the interactive festival was a bit more for the inner nerd in me, but this week is all about the music side of life. And there are all kinds of different people out and about on the streets of Austin. I used to go to a lot of concerts and festivals like this. That kind of stuff has tapered off as I've gotten older. These are my kind of people...maybe minus a few tatooes and piercings.. I got a chance to snap a couple of pictures. They're not at all that artistic, I'm just trying to capture what's going on down here for everyone to see. Enjoy!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you send some of that warm weather up here? Glad you're having a great trip so far.

Have you talked to Leah today?

-Dad

10:34 PM  
Blogger Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

Okay. Now I'm just starting to get angry. Beautiful weather and you got to see Matt. This is not fair.

We did have some great weather here though AND i have a new job!

4:03 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

You drove right through Waco, where I live. My friend went to the music festival last week in Austin and said it was great. And yes, the weather in Texas this time of year is nicer than old northern Indiana.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home