Thursday, March 13, 2008

the Bucket list tour - Day Four

Well let's just say Dallas was a blast. First off, I got to spend some time with my friend Matt Melton who I haven't seen in quite a long time. We got into Dallas on tuesday night and we didn't need to be any where so I gave Matt a call. Matt also lives with Justin Krause who some of you probably remember played drums at GCC until he moved to Dallas last november. Matt is a bass player at Fellowship's Dallas campus and he says he loves it there. We actually got to spend some time with him on his first night in his new apartment in a really cool district of downtown Dallas. There will be pictures to come.Wednesday night we went to "The Mix" like I said. It was amazing...seriously. Chris Prater was incredibly gracious and spent A LOT of time with us on wednesday. Gave us a tour of their facility, offices, tutoring space, and directed us towards the best open pit BBQ joint I've ever been to. Their program had a lot of energy. They kicked the night off with a student who did a bit of rapping and basically served as a Hype Man. Great student worship team, and then bang...we were into the message. During the message, John and I headed over to the main building to see what the Jr High students were doing. They were having a purity ring ceremony with parents so, not really a typical night for them. However, they did break into their small groups in every nook and cranny of the church. Hmm...I feel like I've seen that model before. Anyway, after the night was over, Chris spent maybe 2 hours with us just talking and downloading the night and casting some vision for student ministry at Fellowship, at GCC and around the country. I think we've made a new friend.
After all was said and done, we packed into the Mega-Bus once more and headed down to Austin for some more fun and games.

2 Comments:

Blogger Allison Reynolds said...

Catching up with old friends is always a plus. Thanks for all the updates - happy to hear the "Vanishing Cookies" are living up to their name =)

and hey...I got the case for my mac today....get hyped! ha

miss ya

9:43 PM  
Blogger Katie McCormick Liverett said...

Great picture of you all!

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home