Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Memory

I remember when I was taking drivers ed in high school, my instructor told me something that really stuck with me for some reason. He was a retired police officer, and he told us that "a police officer can follow any person as they drive through town and find a number of ways they are breaking traffic laws." I think basically what he was saying was that if you're out of line, they can and will get you, but you can't be perfect either. I don't know why I never thought about how that might transfer to my spiritual life until today, but that just really hit me. No one can keep the law, we can't even keep the law's we make up to keep ourselves safe. I don't know why I remembered that, but it hit me today in a whole new way.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah B said...

i have to say your thoughts are so entertaining..and its good to know i am not the only one who haas random thoughts like that :)

4:20 PM  
Blogger Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

Great thought. Thanks for sharing. Now I will go ponder.

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home