Thursday, October 26, 2006

Why?

I know this is a pretty shallow follow up to my previous post, but I had to ask. I'm not seriously upset about this or anything, but can anybody tell me why automatic windows on cars will roll your window down but not back up? Jason Miller told me it's because you can't get your finger/head/various extremity caught in the window rolling it down but you can rolling it up. But ya know what, I don't buy that. You're telling me they can't put a sensor on it or something? My garage door could do that when I was in 4th grade. Surely by now they'd have figured that out. Sounds like something they'd complain about on Seinfeld.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mine does too.

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm.. what year is your car exactly..?? :)

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From experience with this sort of thing...it seems to be that your window motor is dead. Which, if you feel like tackling a project, it can be done. Be sure you have some time though, because it will take a couple hours. Good luck!

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw a car commercial today. This particular car (though I'll never be able to afford it) parks your car for you in tight spaces (hands free).
I bet that car has auto windows in both diretions!

12:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

once upon a time, long long ago, when I was a mere teen...car windows had to be CRANKED by hand.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

We think alike far too often. Just a week ago as I was driving some of my students to our Work-a-thon project, I asked the same question. If any car were to have this feature I would have guessed it was yours. Wrong again.

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home