Monday, October 23, 2006

ND vs. UCLA

Well this weekend was a first in the life of Jeff Myers. My good friend Steve Smith called me awhile ago and asked if I wanted to go to a Notre Dame game with him this season. I was a little bummed because I thought I was going to be at work on all the remaining home game dates. But as fate would have it, Corey called me thursday and said I should take this saturday off. I quickly called Steve to see if he still have the tickets and he sure did. So needless to say, I was going out of my mind in excitement. I also found it rather odd that my best friend plays football for ND and I've never been to a game, so this was sweet for a ton of reasons. I got to tailgate for about 4 hours with Steve, and some other guys who work with him at the Notre Dame Web Group, some of which I went to Bethel with a long time ago. Then the game itself was fantastic. Steve had great seats that were the front row of the upper bowl in the north endzone. His seats we great, the people next to us never showed up, the people around us we normal, and it was right next to the concession stand. Ya, I ran out during the third quarter and got pop and nachos without even missing a play. When Notre Dame scored the final touchdown, I had never heard anything louder in my entire life. I was going nuts, steve was going nuts, and the people behind us that left early were probably going nuts in their cars. Great time! Here's some pictures. I parked next to Big Papa B and his friends. He had a better camera and better seats, so he probably wins. But these aren't bad.





2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well it's about time! Glad you had a great time. For sure, it had to be better than going to a Miami game this year. In case anyone is wondering, the only Miami is in Ohio. The one in Florida is a fake. After all, why would there be a Miami in Florida when the Miami indianas were never in Florida?

7:53 PM  
Blogger Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

And to think I could have been at that game. Even though it is ND I'm glad you had so much fun. I'm sure Bobby was very excited you were able to be there. The next time you talk to Steve tell him hello. I miss our friend.

By the way...your dad cracks me up!

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home