Monday, October 30, 2006

The 11:45 Incident

So if you were there, you know what happened. But if you weren't, let's just say I was no where to be found at the beginning of the 11:45 service sunday morning at church. Here's the story since I'm sure you were all wondering...

My dad and I always joke around about how we can't wear watches. He always tells this story about a watch he wore during a pep band gig during college and he heard this whirring noise after he finished drumming for a few songs. That noise was his watches going crazy after all the crazy wrist motion. It's hard to be a drummer and wear a watch. Well I wanted to be trendy and get a watch and see if I could handle wearing it while I played this weekend. It actually wasn't that bad. However, during the the 10:15 service, the timing dial (the thing you spin to set the time) must have popped out, making the time not advance. I was hanging out in D-mausts office reading Rolling Stone with the service playing over the loud speaker. I was listening to the pre-service music, and I looked down at my watch, which looked like it said 11:25, which actually said 10:25. I thought I was all good. Then I hear over the speaker "We have a drummer missing in action..." I have never run faster in my life. So fast that I feel up the backstage stairs, and I swear the entire room must have heard me scream. Anyway, that's where I was. I will be accepting punishment in the form of verbal mockery, angry post-it notes in my mailbox, fiery e-mails, and perhaps an actual repremand that descends from on high.

On a positive note, LIFELINE went really well tonight, and I got an official David Crowder Band whistle from Corey. I also purchased a copy of MI-3 at 11:57 PM on sunday night, which is technically the day before it comes out so uh....think about that.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This has to be one of the funniest things I've heard in a while - I would have loved to have witnessed it! :)

10:05 AM  
Blogger Kara :-) said...

Haha... so I was most definitely there, and I was standing around with Kasie Kyle and we heard someone say something about a drummer missing. So, I looked over at her and was like... I bet Jeff is the one on Drums... and you were... and I felt really smart... and we laughed because you were late. Good Job.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

Man that stinks. You know out of all the services we have played together I can't remember you ever being that late for a service. I do remember when Michael was that late and I sat on the stage for a few minutes by myself as the band slowly walked on stage. And I'll admit I have walked on stage late a couple of times. I feel your pain my friend.

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

matt and i enjoyed watching you play at the 7:30 service. it always looks like you are having such a great time in your own little world. (and not in a weird way!) it's refreshing because it's obvious that you are actually into it, and not just up there existing. anyway, props.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Svetlana Romanov said...

i'm just glad you didn't have to crap really bad and that was the reason you were late... how embarressing would that be?

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home