Sunday, September 03, 2006

I LOVE COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!

So today was a day I look forward to every year. Ever since I started college, I loved saturdays in the fall. Those days usually consist of this: Wake up about noon, roll out to a couch somewhere near my bed, eat cereal, watch football for 12 straight hours. And today was no exception. I spent the night over at donaldson house last night so I wouldn't have to drive anywhere to commense college football watching. I woke on the couch in the living room of the donaldson house in my pj's, where I stayed for the next several hours. We watched Michigan roll over Vanderbilt, Ohio State dominate NIU, took a short break to go to GCC for evening service which was AMAZING by the way. Great music, great drama featuring some drama team first timers like my good friend Amy Franklin, and a tight message which actually didn't get finished but who cares. Anyway, back to the house to watch Tennessee upset California. Then we all hopped in the car really quick to go pick up some domino's to go, shove it in our pie whole's, and settle in to watch Notre Dame vs. Georgia Tech. It was a great game, and yes I was a bit scared at times. But ya know what, to you nay sayers out there. The other top ranked teams who rolled over their opponents today didn't play anybody good. Who'd Michigan play agian? Who was that Ohio State killed? Oh ya, nobody! Notre Dame played a team that might just win the ACC, and a team who had some huge upsets last year. I see good things for Notre Dame's season. It's hard to roll into a decent teams home stadium and win I'm sure, especially with expectations Notre Dame has. But all in all, today was a great day. The Irish won and the Buckeye's won. What more could you ask for...oh ya, Miami of ohio lost yesterday, so that makes it even better. Jeff...out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

I feel as though some of those Michigan comments were directed at me. We won so who cares! Of course I didn't watch any games because I was packing and studying all day but I made sure to check scores and was very sad to hear that Ohio, ND and Michigan State all won. I'm glad you enjoyed the day and had the chance to relax. Have a safe trip to Detroit.

11:26 AM  
Blogger J Aquila said...

I love your positive attitude. Man, that game was hard to enjoy though. You better tell your old roommate to keep an eye on his placekicker. A suicide watch might need to be put into effect.

Yes, a great game in terms of drama and sport. But I'd rather have a little more "domination on offence" focus for this weeks daily practices. Where the heck was Samarg ... for get it. I won't even try.

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home