Saturday, August 26, 2006

Minor Setback C.D. Release Party

So yesterday, Jim DeSelm, Andrew Schaefer, and I all piled into the TB 2004 and headed off for cleveland to catch the c.d. release party for Minor Setback, featuring the one and only Roger Chagnon III, on bass. A band called Cactus 12 opened for them, and they were really good, minus the complete destruction of the pair of hot rods the drummer was using. You can't bring another pair of sticks?
But anyway, "Best Dressed" was the topic of the evening, which was the new release from the boys I've never heard before, so I guess it was all new to me. But they had quite the following. House of Blues was rockin last night, with the 'minor setback' of the sound guy in the back who was pre-occupied with picking his nose and talking to his friend and apparently forgot to run sound. But that didn't stop the party. There were a lot of originals and some covers, including a version of "You Shook Me All Night Long" which recieved a resounding thumbs down from me. Come on Rog, you know better than to mess with AC/DC. However, their rendition of "He-ya" by Outkast had me rolling. Great night, some solid rock, and a chance to see and old friend again. I miss playing with Roger, but I was finally got to see him for the first time in almost a year and a half.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

I'm so glad you were able to go, however, I'm VERY jealous. I miss our dear friend Roger. Did you remember to tell him I said hello and hug him for me?

1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home