Thursday, September 06, 2007

A Bit Surprised...


Today, Apple launched the new line of iPods, and the wireless iTunes store. The new products look absolutely AMAZING. But they also knocked 200 dollars off the price of the iPhone which I just recently paid a rather large sum for. I figured by waiting a short while to purchase mine, I would avoid either a total product flop, and things like this. Apple offers a return policy for updated products within 14 days....I bought my iPhone 18 days. Although I love Apple and it's products, I'm a little upset about the 33% price drops. In my frustration I hop'd online to see what the buzz was. Not surprising, a lot of loyal apple customers are a little hurt. According to one article I read, apple.com discussion board admisistrators have deleted over 2,200 anti-apple posts since the announcement this afternoon. Several publications have quoted apple store managers saying "You're out of luck," if you didn't purchase within the last 14 days.
However, I have found reports of people receiving free apple products equivalent to the price drop, or apple store credit. Also, there are some reports of ATT stores giving iPhone users $200 credits on their bills.
In 2006, Apple released Aperture, a photo management software, and then quickly dropped the price from $499 to $299. Apple gave early adopters a $200 dollar e-coupon for their early purchase. Let's just hope that Apple get's the jist from all the hate mail they are supposedly receiving and do something similar. I personally think they will, because I've never known them to treat me, or any other customer, poorly.

2 Comments:

Blogger J Aquila said...

Dude, that sucks. I'd be in the store raising "heck" - You could do a lot with an extra $200.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

I will be saving money for a new iPod. The battery in mine has about had it.

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home