Saturday, September 01, 2007

Take me out to the ballgame

Hey sportsfans, so tonight I had the opportunity to do something new. My friend Geoff Cocoanower is the P.A. announcer for the South Bend Silverhawks (Single A baseball team for those of you not from around here.) He had to ref a high school football game tonight so he asked me to fill in for him. Without hesitation, I said, "Why not." Of course, when I got to the stadium tonight and sat down behind the mic, I started to think maybe I should've hesitated. But after calming the nerves, I got right into it and had a blast. I had friends there who didn't even believe it was me...guess my radio voice does sound a little different than more normal voice...even though it wasn't radio. But it was a great time, and I was so pumped that so many of my friends came out to see me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

That is awesome! I wish I would have known. I would have come with a huge sign. We were going to make one for Geoff when we went to the last game but we ran out of time. I'm glad it went well. Enjoy the long weekend.

12:34 AM  
Blogger steve-o said...

you have a great face for radio my friend

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home