Saturday, August 04, 2007

Excuse me?!!!


Rolling Stone magazine just released their list of the 20 best live bands playing right now. After reading it, I thought of several remarks I could make the would indicate to you, the reader, how upset I am about this. I chose to go with the following:

How many drunken babies does it take operate the dart board full of band names that they apparently used to pick this list? Because clearly no one actually put thought into this, it can only be total random selection.

For a more exhausting listing of comments I wanted to make about this article, please see me in person. And p.s.-if you agree'd with this list, don't bother commenting, because we won't be friends anymore.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

This may possibly be one of the first times you have used that last phrase and I can make a comment without worrying about the status of our friendship. I just have to say I was shocked when I read that list. Who are these people?

2:58 PM  
Blogger J Aquila said...

Rolling Stone is a rag of a magazine anymore.

My proof ... I've seen Kings of Leon open for U2, and I have never been more dissapointed in my life ... except for the time The Fun Loving Criminals opend for U2. Maybe it's just U2's fault, for letting these band open for them. That or you're cursed when you open for U2.

7:41 PM  
Blogger J Aquila said...

Angie and I do want to go see it again. Please let us know when you'd like to go. This weekend we have family in town, but Thursday after NC might work?

8:39 AM  
Blogger amberWIRE said...

#1 I didn't puke today.
#2 I am out of the loop...because I haven't heard of these bands...and because I'm out of the loop.
#3 Your sidebar is really fancy. I am inspired to get a new look for my blog.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home