Friday, August 24, 2007

Flood Update



I just talked to my dad, and apparently things in Ottawa have finally started to get a bit better. Power has been restored and relief crews are getting back to work. He called me in a bit of a rush because he and many people from the church were going from home to home helping the people who were affected the most by the flood. One family had 44 inches of water in their basement, another had water completely filling their basement a a few inches on their first floor. Several people who live in the closer into the city limits have their houses completely in-accessible except by boat. I managed to find some pictures here so I'll throw those up, there was also a video that the Toledo News has posted here. My dad that NBC nightly news was in Ottawa this morning, and that I just might see him tonight carrying wedding clothes out of the back of our church which is surrounded by water, but luckily the sandbags protected it from major damage. He also said the church will be meeting at my family's house on sunday morning for a quick breakfast, short service, and then back out to help. Hooray for the local church.





1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

Look at the church go. I love it! I'm glad to hear the recovery is progressing. Keep me posted.

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home