Saturday, January 06, 2007

Good with the Bad

Despite the bad news from this morning, I also had some great things happen today. Jason Miller, Michael Cox and I headed up to Calvin College in Grand Rapids to hear N. T. Wright give a lecture. He spoke about his recent book "Simply Christian" which I'm currently reading. Besides the fact that he has the most soothing grandpa voice in whole wide world that kind makes me sleepy, he was a very good public speaker. Double threat I guess. Anyway, we went out to get out books signed. Michael brought his copy of "The New Testament and the People of God" which is his the first part of his "Magnum Opus" or exhaustive lifes work. I choose to bring my copy of "The Meal Jesus Gave Us," which is barely 100 pages long and is just a short conversation about communion. When I handed him my copy, he almost looked shocked, then he chuckled at me, and signed it. Good to know I didn't parade around like an intellectual at least.
Anyway, after that we had lunch at BD's Mongolian Barbecue up in Grand Rapids. We tried to stop into Mars Hill to see some of Jason's buddy's, but there was nobody home. We came home, and Michael and I headed off to go see "Children of Men" which was a pretty good movie, kinda weird, but good. We went out for dinner with Jason afterwards at Politos for some food and great conversation.
When we got back, Michael decided he wanted to use the restroom. I don't know how he did it, but somehow the door the bathroom wouldn't open back up. So we had to pass him tools under the door so he could disassemble the hinges and we could all collectively help him pop the door off. What an interesting day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

Honestly there is never a dull moment when you guys are together. I'm glad you had a good time with Mr. N. T. Wright. I'm so jealous!!!! Only Michael could lock himself in a bathroom.

2:27 AM  
Blogger Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

I guess I changed my settings or something because your comment was sent to my e-mail. I e-mailed you back and then read the comment on my site. It was still funny and I still laughed!

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home