Thursday, November 23, 2006

The Obligatory Thanksgiving Post

Not to mock, but this time of year, you get people coming out of the wood work asking you what you're thankful for. And I always wondered why it was so hard to answer that question every year. Is it because I'm trying to find the catchiest answer? Trying to put it a way nobody else put it? Or am I honestly just trying to say what I'm thankful for? But even when I do that, I feel like the answer falls short. I think I realized today why that is. I'm thankful for everything. Things that are great, things that suck, things that bless me, things that cause me trouble, I'm thankful that I get to experience all of it. Everyday I'm thankful to God that I exist and I'm part of his family. So from that, I'm thankful for everything. Food, money, traffic, mosquitoes, meatloaf (the band and the food), music, jello, slap bracelets, hospitals, thumb tacks, street signs, I'm thankful for all of it. Now if you'd like to more accurately ask me what I'm really happy about, then I'll tell you. Great family, amazing friends (new and old), GCC, drums, music, computers, camera's, college football, the buffalo sabres, and shoes. Those things make me happy. But I'm thankful for all of it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

If I remember correctly someone made fun of me once because I thanked God for thumb tacks and duct tape. What do you have to say to that?!

It is too bad that more people don't have an attitude like yours, to be thankful for everything...even the bad. Keep being thankful for steet signs and thumb tacks.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't agree with the one day a year "thank-fest". I feel lucky every single day for being alive and everything that means. What really upsets me is when people are handed someone's love and they stomp on it, spit on it, use it, abuse it, take it for granted, and act like they deserve it. Those people are so self absorbed and selfish and then they have the nerve to say they are Christian. Obviously, when the "messages" are going on, they have their toes pointed only where it benefits them and not thankful for someone's unconditional love when it stares them in the face!

6:49 PM  
Blogger Jeff Myers said...

was that directed at me?

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No not at all!

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home