Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Images of God

I guess I've always wondered this, and so now I'll ask you. If you could pick any actor to be God, or maybe the closest representation of the God you see in your head, which would you pick? Here are the ones I've thought of, so I'll let you cast your votes. If you must pick someone else let me know.

Choice A: Anthony Hopkins

Choice B: James Earl Jones

Choice C: Ian McKellan

Choice D: Sean Connery

Choice E: Morgan Freeman

Choice F: Donald Sutherland

And yes I realize that God is immeasurably more than we could ask or imagine. But I would guess we've all tried to put a face on him. I'm not trying to be blasphemous or anything, just curious. I personally lean towards Donald Sutherland. Weird, huh?

8 Comments:

Blogger Amy Joy said...

I'd say Anthony Hopkins or James Earl Jones...Hopkins for his
"mstery" and Jones for his voice

2:24 PM  
Blogger Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

Wow, your list has grown since we last talked about this. Your answer has changed as well. I still think I'm leaning towards Morgan Freeman though.

10:16 PM  
Blogger The Linz said...

Morgan Freeman, for sure. Besides, he already played God in "Bruce Almighty," so he has a leg up. And he's my favorite actor.

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for Sean Connery! :) Something about his voice just makes him sound powerful and confident - like in First Knight if you've seen that...

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Morgan Freeman...by process of elimination.

~Anthony Hopkins would be weird bc I'd worry he'd eat me.
~James Earl Jones, and I'd laugh every time he took a deep breath and talked to Luke.
~Ian McKellan just looks too weird to be God. Plus, that funny hat worn in XMen leaves him wide open for jokes.
~I'm sorry, but Sean Connery has been with too many women as Bond.
~Donald Sutherland is cool and all, but Morgan would win in a fight.

That is all, thank you.

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

George Burns gets my vote. Blunt, to the point, and yes, he played God and was extremely believable. If He were to be someone...it wouldn't be anyone other than a normal everyday person. Morgan Freeman would be my choice out of those mentioned but George...now that is a choice!

6:10 PM  
Blogger amberWIRE said...

You are hilarious, and your creative posts and ideas make the blogosphere a better place

3:35 PM  
Blogger Dawn Lovitt said...

I think Dakota Fanning would be perfect. Could you see any of those other actors sitting for 6 days straight creating something? NO, imagine a little girl, with Play Doh, and crayons and any other crafty material and the ability to create ANYTHING she wanted and told she did not have to stop until she was done.

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home