Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Rog Wegner at Bethel College


Rob came out to Bethel this morning to speak for part four of the fall series on integrity. He focused on the area of integrity in our sexual lives. As I was listening this morning, I remember thinking "I've heard a lot of this before." Then I remembered the Pure Sex series at church and how impactful that was. Rob did a great job of catching everyones attention in a room that's somtimes hard to control. Chapel can generally go three ways...

1. The speaker has the room totally tuned in, but only because they're making a fool out of themselves.
2. The speaker has the room totally tuned out. Probably shouldn't read straight from a manuscript people. It's not a lecture.
3. The speaker has the room engaged and thinking, and in Robs case...laughing.

It was so nice to get a flavor of what I love about GCC at Bethel this morning. I've had a bit of "no man can serve two masters" syndrome this fall. I started hating Bethel and loving GCC. Luckily God made me aware of that and is helping me to make it through these next few months. But today was nice to merge those two worlds (subliminal college ministry plug). Great job Rob!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how I miss Chapel

4:14 PM  
Blogger Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

I would have enjoyed having Rob speak in a chapel service when I was there. I can certainly remember several speakers that fit in your second catagory.

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home