Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I need help

I needed to be over at Bethel this morning at 8:30 for soundcheck and rehearsal for chapel, so last night I set the alarm for 7:25 thinking that'd be enough time to get cleaned up and grab breakfast before I had to be there. Well I finally rolled into conciousness this morning at about 8:10. I wasn't late, but I was little upset that I couldn't shower or eat now. I looked at my alarm clock and phone and thought "Why didn't my alarms go off?" I was just a little confused on how it would be possible for them both to not go off. Isn't that the whole point of a back up. I lay there thinking about it, and sat up and started to get dressed before I realized that THEY WERE GOING OFF!!! Full volume, right next to my head, they were both blasting away. I couldn't believe it. Is it physically possible to tune something out that much? I mean at that point they had been going off for almost an hour! You'd think by that point my upstairs/downstairs neighbors would come ponding on my door at least by then. I mean that's just scary. It's not like I'm tuning out one rhythmic sound. We're talking about two conflicting, shrill noises at different speeds and different pitches. Do I need to get a bed that just flips you out of it at the appointed time in the morning? Do they even make those? Help

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you find one let me know. I need to find one that just does one side of the bed so John will start getting up on time, haha..

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you find such a bed...let me know. I'll buy one for Ryan! LOL

Tim

5:05 PM  
Blogger Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

Dude, I'm sorry to hear about your morning. I once had a friend who prayed for me and God did great things. I'll do the same.

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha! glad to know i'm not the only one out there with the amazing talent of being able to sleep thru anything! I have to set my alarm on my phone for a backup too... u find a cure, let me know!! :)

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drink three glasses of water before you go to bed. Your badder will wake you up.

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/catalog/product/sku__SA650/source__25162/cm_ven__IAC_GIFTSCOM/cm_cat__feed/cm_ite__SA650

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home