Sunday, November 26, 2006

I finally get Christmas


I was sitting at dinner with my family tonight and we were discussing the usual deep things that we discuss: comma's, onion rings, wireless connection speed and the like. We had stumbled upon the topic of christmas when my uncle made a comment about what christmas would be like if there wasn't an inn for Jesus to be rejected from. I'm not sure how that came up, but as we went down that road, I realized why God set it up so Jesus had to be born in the stable. Can you imagine the hotel marketing this time of year if Jesus HAD been born in the inn? Man would that ever be a nightmare. I mean can you imagine:

Motel Six: "We left the light on for Him."

Holiday Inn Express: Jesus speaks the morning after he was born and onlookers say 'Is He the Son of God' to which Jesus would reply 'Yes.....and I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night."

Days Inn: "Best value under the sun, Best value for the SON!"

Any other thoughts?

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

I would have loved to be a part of that conversation. I kind of think there might have been a little more to it but I'm sure God was trying to prevent a marketing mess. I hope you had a great time with your family. I'll catch ya later.

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home