Monday, October 02, 2006

Goals

Since the school year started, I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get my schedule figured out. Trying to find some time in all that to have some personal time means I end up staying up later than I ought to, and 'in the wee small hour of the morning,' nothing constructive really ever happens. So I've set some goals for myself this week.

1. In bed by at least 1:00 a.m. every day
2. Spend an hour alone with God before 10:00 at night
3. Eat properly

I only set it for a week, just because I know myself and a month would probably be too un-realistic for myself to want to stick to, but maybe if this week goes well, I'll just form a habit.

I've been spending time with God lately, but recently I've been convicted by something I remember hearing Terry Bley talk about. He once told me that he spent a year, 'tithing' his time. He spent two and a half hours a day with God, or about 10% of his day. I know God doesn't insist that we do it, but that always seemed like something to attain someday. Well a mandatory hour a day isn't necessarily 10%, but let's see what happens. Wish me luck

(Before you all read what time I posted and notice the irony, you can ask Trace, I did go to sleep before 1, but then I woke up...wide awake...at 3. Despite my best efforts, there was no going back to sleep for me, so I figured blogging would put me out pretty quick.)

6 Comments:

Blogger Corey Mann said...

half the battle is setting the goals. You said them out loud so now run after them my friend.

Now here's the latest from Barlow Girl.

6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with those goals, they're good ones!

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like some great goals! I think I might make up some of my own!

4:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

Way to be Jeffrey! Now I know how I will be praying for you this week. I think you've found a great place to start. Have fun with Jesus!

6:21 PM  
Blogger Amy Joy said...

That is soo awesome! I just asked about that at 201 class..Since we are students and we don't make that much money...yeah of course we should tithe our time!!! I think I'm going to head on that path myself so I'll pray for you too!

10:29 PM  
Blogger versejer2911 said...

Go for it dude! I'm proud of you.

Tim

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home