Thursday, September 21, 2006

Drummer love...or ?uestlove


So some interesting taste sightings.

"The Roots" were on Leno on September 7th. As I was watching, I noticed that their drummer, Ahmir '?uestlove' Thompson, was using the exact same Yamaha drumset that I have, even the same silver sparkle paint job. He even uses the same cymbals that I use (ya that's right, who needs A customs, A is good enough) on that set. I felt loved



Shand and Shane were at GCC today, and from the back of the room, it looked like he was playing a kit with the exact same dimesions and specs as my gretsch kit that I have used for the accoustic new communities and virtually every club gig I've ever played. Even the same silver sparkle paint job. Upon closer inspection, I realized that I was wrong, but even more right. I saw that he actually had a half sized 18" kick drum, which is the same as the one I have in my apartment. He also used Bosphorus cymbals, which I have been advocating for the last two years. Again, some tasty affirmation.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

I did a double take a the set tonight because I thought it looked like yours. Of course I could really only see it on the screen. Look at you being awesome with a great set named Ella...or was it Stella. I always forget her name. Sorry. Please tell her I don't hate her. The last thing I want is one of your girlfriends hating me.

Next week it is! :)

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home