Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Excuse me?

In chapel today, we had a speaker come in who is a pro-life activist and lawyer I believe. Reguardless of your stance on that particular topic, I heard something today that struck me as kind of strange. Instead of trying to paraphrase it, I will qoute what he actually said, and if you'd like to listen to his entire speach, you can listen to it here. So read this if you will. He's talking about what his group does when he demonstrate at abortion clinics.

"We do a lot of things, as I mentioned. One thing that we do which is very unpopular among the general public, is to go out on the streets with these great big, huge ugly signs of what abortion does to a child. And we will have a hundred people lined up at an intersection. And at the intersection we have a big picture of Christ holding the baby, some of you have seen that. It's Christ holding an aborted baby, and He's weeping. There's a tear going down. And then we have an American flag, because we like to join church and state every chance we get. (applause) People say 'you shouldn't have a flag there with Christ.' I say 'Oh, He likes America. It's pretty bad now but He'll bring it back one of these days.'"

-Joe Scheidler

Your thoughts?

1 Comments:

Blogger The Linz said...

1. It's revolting how some people take Christ and sensationalize him to their own purposes.
2. Jesus was obviously not an American. I think most people forget he was Arab.
3. Don't even get me started on the whole church/state issue. One word: separate.

I think it all boils down to how we have twisted Jesus into what we want him to be and to fit our own personal/political beliefs. We have forgotten his words and the message of the cross. Mercy, grace, and forgiveness. Thanks be to God.

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home