Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I've got an idea for ESPN

ESPN is, by far, my favorite channel on television. And there's also ESPN-2 that covers even more sports, ESPN-News to cover breaking news stories, ESPN-Classic to replay some great moments in sports history, and ESPN-U which covers collegiate athletics. I decided today, while watching sportscenter, that it's time for the sports giant to branch out yet again. ESPN-C, or ESPN Courtroom, which covers all the legal messes that professional athletes get into. I even made a logo to help get them started. Trust me, there's enough things happening to justify a 24 hour station.

In one episode of Sportcenter today, I heard about...
-Stephon Marbury settling his sexual harassment suit
-OJ Simpson possibly going to jail for life for assault with a deadly weapon
-Isiah Thomas is being sued for sexual harassment
-The NFL Players association is testifying in Congress against the leagues disability fund
-Michael Vick's impending sentencing for his involvement in dog fights
-Someone possibly sueing the NFL for leaking a copy of the New England Patriots game film incident
......and others

I, for one, would just like to say that I do not care about these things, and ESPN should not cover them. I watch ESPN for scores, highlights, predictions, commentary, and obviously to watch games. If I wanted to hear about people in court, I've got court-tv and a remote. I am fully capable of switching the channel.

4 Comments:

Blogger J Aquila said...

Amen

7:20 AM  
Blogger Jeanna said...

Two things:
1. I had no idea there were that many ESPN channels out there.
2. I think you have too much time on your hands. Either that or you really like making graphics.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

I may not loves sports as much as you but I do know that I was not impressed when I watched the news the other night. All I want to know is if the Reds won or lost. And they beat the Cubs yesterday!!!!

4:59 PM  
Blogger Kristin Baker said...

I agree it's getting ridiculous. This is Cody's favorite channel as well. I used to hate it b/c I only like football, now I just try to accept it as "the other women" . . . hey, I get it, he has needs. Although, I don't think it's a coincidence that it's a four letter word . . .

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home