Thursday, January 08, 2009

Team of Rivals

I'm staring a new book today called "Team of Rivals" by Doris Kearns Goodwin. It's about the 'political genius of Abraham Lincoln' as the tag line suggests. Lincoln took several of the other candidates that were running for the Republican nomination and made them his cabinet. Hopefully this book is going to teach the value of having people around you who disagree with you and how working with that is for the better of the people you serve.
As I was looking online to get a photo of this book for the blog post, I found this picture of President Elect Barak Obama reading the same book. I wonder if some of this same wisdom is why he named Hilary as his Secretary of State. My brother bought me a good book I guess.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

That book was just recommended to me yesterday. I had a great conversation about it with one of our 7th grade teachers.

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home