Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The People Around You...

I'm sure most of you have heard by now that today was not the greatest of days work wise. Monday was actually called "Bloody Monday" by some as some major companies announced down sizing and laid of some 71,400 people. Over 200,000 jobs have been terminated since the beginning of this year, and over 2.6 million jobs were lost in 2008; the most in over 50 years. Those statistics seemed pretty distant until today. I'd say it was an emotional day but I think that would imply that I landed on one emotion. Unfortunately I didn't get the chance to do that. But there was certainly a lot of blank staring. Luckily, God did make a few things clear to me and to a lot of people around the church today.
I became keenly aware of the fact that sometimes, maybe a lot of the time, my plans are not God's plan. I realized that my grip on my present reality had gotten a lot tighter than I wanted it to be and I need to re-evaluate a lot of my decisions personally, professionally, and financially. And lastly, I realized that I have some amazing people around me that are unbelievably supportive and no economy is changing that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

I love our GSM staff! And I like the white shirt photo.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home