Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Album Reviews

"JAYDIOHEAD" Mash Up of Jay-Z and Radiohead Music

I've got a few things to preempt this with. First off, I loved the Linkin Park and Jay-Z collaboration. But I really liked both sides of that mash up before they came together . Not so with Radiohead. I have never really listened to Radiohead's music, mainly because their fans have turned me off (same goes for Phish, The Greatful Dead, and O.A.R.). Maybe one of these days I'll give them a good listen. That being said, I really liked that mash up. Maybe I just love Jay-Z and I'll take any incarnation of his music, but it's possible that Radiohead is just that good and I've been missing it all these years. Oh, and it's free from the Jaydiohead Website.

"Fiction Family" Self Titled debut for a project with Jon Foreman (Switchfoot) and Sean Watkins (Nickel Creek)

I love it. To be honest, if you had told me it was just another one of Jon Foreman's E.P.'s I wouldn't have really known (minus the few tracks that Sean Watkins sings on). But it's very very cool and certainly enough to tide me over until Switchfoot comes out with a new album.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

I've been anxious to hear Fiction Family. I downloaded it as soon as I got home from school and am listing to the first song right now!

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home