Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Foo Fighters Fun For Friends

Tonight I got the chance to head to Chicago with Corey, Tim, and Adam to see The Foo Fighters. It pretty much rocked! There was some band from Nappanee (amish joke) that opened, and then the dude from System of a Down (reminded me of dan) played next. While they were transitioning, we almost saw a fight break out, and then the party began.  I love Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, and those other guys.  I loved the show. However, my legs were getting tired from standing in the general admission section, so I decided to squat down for a song, but Corey interupted my squating with a tap on the shoulder and a nod. I'm glad he did, because I got to see this sight...A stage descended from the ceiling. And no...nobody knew it was up there. They made their way our there for a little 'acoustic set' or at least as acoustic as you can get in an arena. They played "There Goes My Hero" out there which bummed me out a bit, I wish I could've seen that full band. However there was a nice Triangle solo by the Aux Percussionist they're touring with. Great show, but it was more fun to spend time in the car and at Chili's with some good friends. Some of the things we discussed were a bit over my....uh...head I guess. Maybe just stuff I'll find out about when I get married and have kids. But it was a fun window into that world. I miss having Corey around, but it just makes me value the times we get to hang out together that much more. Fun Foo!

5 Comments:

Blogger derryprenkert said...

I'm deeply offended by that Nappanee crack.
Now I have to go and hitch up the horses to plow my street.

9:35 AM  
Blogger aaron dewinter said...

ool pics. I love concerts in the round!

10:07 AM  
Blogger Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

Sounds like a great time! Nice pictures.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Heather Stevens said...

Can you show me how to make a banner?

10:13 PM  
Blogger J Aquila said...

OK - I Wish I would have went with you guys.

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home