Wednesday, February 06, 2008

If you were wondering...

I'm sure a small percentage of my readers may have noticed I took a bit of a vacation from blogging. And take that from the small number of people who read this blog anyway, and you get about three people. So, to my dad, sarah and allison...I apologize. The reason is that in the last few weeks, quite a bit has changed around here. And while that means some exciting new changes, it also means there's some sadness, and a healthy doss of stress...the good kind. For those of you who don't already know, I used to work for Corey Mann up here in the Youth Department, and they were planning to bring me on full time to aid him, as well as serving in some other capacities. Shortly after that was decided, Corey ended up leaving student ministry and heading back to radio. There's a reason he left, and all the people who need to know why already do, so I'll just leave it at that. But for my part, I'm just sad that I don't have my friend around here anymore. I'm going to miss lunches, meetings, messing around, and doing ministry with Corey. We're still friends though, I just have to actually use the phone now...bummer.
With all that said and done, I am now the Student Ministries Creative Director, or Student Ministries Creative Arts Director, or Student Ministries Guru of Geekiness....one of those things. The sign on my door, my business card (that doesn't exist yet), and what people call me, all vary. But that means I'm taking on all of what Corey used to to, and what I used to do. Which means, taking a lot of pictures, making a lot of videos, dreaming a lot of dreams, visionating a lot of visions (new word), scratching my head a lot and wondering how anybody get's all their work done from 9-5.
I love GCC, I love that I get to use my gifts here, I'm glad I'm in for the long-haul, I'm glad they tolerate my ADD, and I'm super stoked about the future. It's a little bittersweet...ok it's very very bittersweet, but God has His way in every situation; good and bad. Get it done

6 Comments:

Blogger Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

I'm going to still call you Jeffrey if that is okay with you. I've been praying extra hard for you the last few weeks. I hope things are starting to settle in a little. Let me know if you need anything.

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As always, we are extremely proud of you and very excited that you have work that you are excited about. That is very rare. God has truly blessed you. I'll still call you Ffejie! As for ADD, there's that gene pool again.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Allison Reynolds said...

So so proud of you! You know my advice - always remember to take some much needed "jeff time"..there's only so much you can get done in one day.

and hey...Illustrator classes will come soon - just let me know when you have time to learn.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Kristin Baker said...

Congratulations, Jeff! I am always amazed at the cool people I get to work with, and you're one of them. Oh, and in your list of busy tasks, you forgot to mention that you will as always continue to rock out behind the sneeze guard, uh I mean, drum shield . . .

12:04 AM  
Blogger Hannah B said...

i've been meaning to tell you....

congrats!
you'll do great...well you already have...

8:20 AM  
Blogger J Aquila said...

Good work buddy. I'm glad you get to do what you do best. Now ... you, me and our Mrs.'s need to hang out soon. That or plan some vacation time away from here.

Mini-trip?

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home