Saturday, July 22, 2006

Viva Los Mexico


Ok I don't really know what "Viva Los Mexico" means, but I'm going to mexico in about seven hours. Am I excited? Yes! Am I a little nervous? Maybe! Did I pack my Immodium? You better believe it? Would I rather be taking a 30 hour bus ride than flying? Actually yes! But all that aside, we're going down there to serve a group called
Back2back Ministries
in Monterey. I've done a little travel in my life, and a couple of mission trips, but I've never done anything like this. Go to a country where they don't speak my language in a place that's totally out of my comfort zone. Alaska was cake...playing drums and going camping is my forte. Ireland was a walk in the park...again playing drums and making a fool out of myself playing soccer, I do that at just about anything I do so I was right at home. But going down to a poor area, donating my labor, my clothes at the end of the week, and all the heart I can muster. I don't even get to play drums! But ya know what, I'm not the least bit worried because besides the fact that I'm with the team of the 30 greatest people I can imagine, I serve a God that could sustain me through anything. So with that, I'm excited to see what He'll do this week. I'll be honest, I don't think I've taken the appropriate measures to prepare my heart for this week. But I get the impression God's not going to wait for me, and I'm ok with that. I'll catch up. You can catch the updates on the teams blog. We'll see you next week!!!

Oh and p.s.-I think my intern hazing has officially begun. Corey handed me a pair of Sammy Hagar's sunglasses at the beginning of the packing meeting and I enjoyed the gift. I later found out that I will in fact be wearing them all week in mexico. I look rediculous, and I love it. So to match my tool googles, I will be rocking all white trash gear down in mexico, and then leaving it there. Ya know, camo shorts, mess starter shorts and shirts, pink floyd concert t-shirts. The whole deal. That's my donation to mexican culture. Enjoy!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

I'm so jealous of you right now. But I am very excited for you as well. Thanks for letting me know how to pray. Look out here comes Jesus!

2:26 PM  
Blogger Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

I just read the groups blog. Something tells me you were probably the Jeff swing knives around. It sounds like God is doing awesome things. Can I here stories and see pictures after you are caught up from being gone.

11:56 PM  
Blogger kasie said...

Hmm...

God even let you play alittle drums..

your right about him sustaining you

Kasie

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home