Saturday, July 26, 2008

Ok, we can go now..

In the midst of our break neck summer student ministry pace, I managed to find a little bit of time (ok I cheated a bit and skipped the mexico packing party) and headed down to Indianapolis to see my favorite band with one of my favorite people.  I love the Dave Matthews Band and I love Andrew.  He spend the summer as a worship intern at a church down in San Antonio and it's great to have him back.  It was good to catch up on his life, as well as his new perspective post internship.  Dave was in rare form tonight playing for almost a full 3 hours, and playing three or so more songs than he usually does at normal concerts.  If that wasn't enough, Tim Reynolds is with him for the entire summer tour so that was up another notch, and the sax player from Bela Fleck and the Flecktones is covering for the injured Leroi Moore.  And let's just say...he's good.  Here was the set list from tonight.
Don’t Drink the Water *
So D--- Lucky *
Eh Hee *
Water/ Wine
Two Step *
Proudest Monkey *
Satellite *
Corn Bread *
Dancing Nancies *
Dreaming Tree *
Sledgehammer *
Stay (Wasting Time) *
Lover Lay Down *
Drive In Drive Out *
Jimi Thing *
#41 *
So Much To Say *
Anyone Seen The Bridge *
Too Much *

__________________

You Might Die Trying *
Louisiana Bayou *

I have to say that Dancing Nancies was not only my favorite song of the night, but very unexpected, as were a few others in that list. Andrews has seen Dave a staggering 24 times in his life and he says he's never heard him play as long as he did tonight, nor has he ever heard him play some of the songs he played tonight. Good things.
Anyway, I'm off to serve the God who created Dave Matthews, how cool is my life. See yal in a week!

1 Comments:

Blogger Corey Mann said...

Thought you might get a kick out of the 2nd night setlist...

Seek Up *
One Sweet World *
Granny
Grey Street *
Old Dirt Hill *
Pantala Naga Pampa *
Rapunzel *
What Would You Say *
Rhyme And Reason *
Out Of My Hands +
Everyday *
Crash Into Me *
Lie In Our Graves *
Money *~
Money (Thats What I Want) *
Crush *
Anyone Seen The Bridge *
(Too Much) *
Ants Marching *

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home