Tuesday, May 23, 2006

My place in this world

Well these last few weeks have been pretty dag-gum busy. After playing the last two weeks of lifelines, new communities, and week end services, plus lifelines trip to Nappanee, I think I've developed some carpal tunnel. But man, I had a blast. Some people asked me if I was tired or if I was sick of it, but to be honest, I have never had a better two weeks. I walked off the stage at church saturday afternoon saying "I can't believe I get to be a part of this." As of today, I'm interning out at GCC, and I really couldn't be happier. I don't know how I get to be this blessed but this internship feels like home to me. I've had a lot of jobs in my life and I never got up in the morning excited to do any of them. But I'm so overjoyed ot have this internship, I bet I'm getting on some people's nerves over there. Anyway, thats my news, and I couldn't be happier.

In other news, I would just like to express my appreciation for the movies I'm watching. Lately, I've been watching the movie "Get Shorty" directed by Barry Sonnenfeld, and it's sequal that just came out last year, "Be Cool." I love these movies, because they're my kind of humor. I love a plot that winds all over the place, yet it's so perdictable. These movies are great, so check em out. Just make sure you watch them in order.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Linz said...

Was the title of this blog post an intentional reference to that old Michael W. Smith song? Because if it was, you might just be amazing.

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats great that you are interning! You will have a blast. I will have to fill you in on what I do at the church...and who told you I was important??? That's crazy talk...lol. :-)

10:32 AM  
Blogger aaron dewinter said...

Jeff, I already told you, but you're awesome! I had no idea you were interning, when i made my crack about "you're here so much I'm gonna call you intern!" Sorry, you really are the intern! Great to have you on board friend.

12:23 AM  
Blogger Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

I'm so glad the internship worked out for you. I know you will do a great job and God will stretch you in so many ways. I promise you youth ministry is far more exciting than teaching!!! I'm sad we won't be able to hang out much this summer. If you need a break come visit! It really isn't that far.

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home