Friday, May 19, 2006

Am I really an adult?

The older I get, the more I'm realizing how much I'm accountable for my own actions. Take this photo for example. I was at the Omaha Zoo a few weeks ago and there was about a waist high fence keeping us out of the elephant paddock. Now there was also a ditch that was about ten feet deep four feet past the fence, but that didn't keep the elephants from feeding on the tree's on our side of the fence. I thought to myself...."There is nothing stopping me from hopping this fence and feeding this thing myself, so I did just that. Now if I was a kid, my parents most assuredly would have chewed me out. After I did it, I was so pumped about the fact that I'm old now and my parents/chaperones/leaders/or whatever can't yell at me anymore for doing stuff like that. But then I also realized that if I get caught, these people aren't going to turn me over to my parents/chaperones/leaders/or whatever either. They're either going to arrest me or kick me out. I'm not sure which of those scenario's I like better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home