Monday, February 08, 2010

The camera for me - Canon Powershot SX210 IS


I've been wanting to buy a point and shoot camera for a really long time now. Hauling around my DSLR's is a bit of a task and if I'm just going to a party or a ball game, I don't want to bring them along. But I've been waiting for a point and shoot that is compact enough to actually fit in my pocket, but with all the shooting options I want, including recording some form of HD video. And finally, I think my ship has arrived. The projected cost that I've seen is $350 which is right where I was hoping. Here's a short list of the spec's.

  • 14x zoom, 28mm wide-angle genuine Canon lens
  • 14.1 Megapixels with compact, metal body in three colour options*
  • Canon 4-stop optical Image Stabilizer with Dynamic IS
  • Wide 7.6cm (3.0") PureColor II G LCD with enhanced strength and visibility
  • HD Movies (720p) with optical zoom, stereo sound and HDMI
  • Easy to use with Smart Auto, Face Detection and on-screen Hints & Tips
  • Smart Flash Exposure and i-Contrast for best results in all situations
  • DIGIC 4 and Servo AF/AE for ultra-fast response and high image quality
  • Manual, Av and Tv modes for full creative control
  • Shooting modes including Smart Shutter, Low Light, Fish-eye and Miniature Effect

  • You can read a full review over at dpreview (link here)

    1 Comments:

    Blogger Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

    Thanks for sharing this info. I've been thinking the same thing but really want to buy a bigger lens. Can't decide between the two.

    1:45 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home