Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Democracy


I decided to get to the polls right when they opened this morning.  I was greeted by a rather long line of people who apparently had the same idea.  No worries, I saw Ben and Vanessa Sanders not too far behind me.  I discovered that democracy is, in fact, not a well oiled machine.  As I walked in behind about fifty other people, I had my I.D. checked and a woman said,  "Anyone's last name start with M?"  So I raised my hand, not sure what I was in for.  Luckily, there was a special line just for me and the other M's.  Actually is was M-Z but it took her another 10 minutes to remember to say that.  I'm not complaining though, I was the first in the special "m" line.  Anywhoo, I voted for the three people I knew and then that was about it, after that I just filled in all the C's like I did on the ACT test.  Took them a minute to get the old ballot machines working which would be what the photo is indicating.  It was an interesting sight to see five senior citizens standing around trying to figure out a piece of technology.  They got her all figured out though, and that was that.  Ok now stop reading this and go vote.  

3 Comments:

Blogger TypeOneEric said...

I love voting.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

You got up early just to vote. I'm proud of you!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Kathy Guy said...

This made me laugh. The 5 senior citizen's and the SAT test methods were good imagery...thanks!

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home