Tuesday, October 07, 2008

New Jon Mclaughlin


Jon McLaughlin has a new C.D. out that's called "OK Now" and it's great so I thought you all should know. It's also got a song on it called four years that I can't find the lyrics for anywhere so I typed them out. Yummy...I feel like he gift wrapped one for us youth folks. Not really sure of the lyrics in some parts so I threw in the old (?).

They tore my high school to the ground, and put a new wing in the east lot
On my old parking spot, it stands reminding me of how
I wished that I could travel back in time, change my state of mind
So if you’re still in your teens, listen to me
It’s hard to see beyond these walls, of who you hope and hope not to be, socially
Maybe you’re in or you’re out, but in the end we know your hats are in the air
Nobodies going to care. 
So featherweight(?) freshman hold on, it’s only four years long. 
Then it’s gone
And the queen of the nerds and the king of the prom
Get a job, Look at them now,
She’s living her dreams, while he sleeps with his crown. 
So be cool, be hot(?), be weird.
It’s just four years.
Next time you’re walking through your school
Take a look at who’s surrounding you, or how many
Cause it’s all just castle’s in the sand
When your tastle’s on the left side of your hat, you’re never going back
So homecoming court, vote on, it’s only four years long
Then it’s gone
And the king of the nerds and the queen of the prom
Get a job, Wouldn’t you know
He’s the C.E.O. and she answer’s his phone
So be cool, be hot(?), be weird , it’s just four years.
And as for the grades, I know they’re important.
Everyone wants to be all wins(?)
Cause of all of it goes on permanent transcripts
I just don’t know where mine is.
So featherweight freshman hold on, cause every homecoming court moves on. 
It’s only four years long, Then it’s gone
And the queen of the nerds and the king of the prom
Get a job, look at them now
She’s living her dreams while he sleeps with his crown. 
So be cool, be ho(?)t, be weird, be happy while you’re here
Be coo, be hot(?), be weird,
It’s just four years, just four years.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job on the lyrics. I love that song. I think the words you are looking for are:

FEATHER WEIGHT freshman
be cool, be HARD, be weird
look at who's surrounding you or HOUNDING YOU
everyone wants to be A WHIZ

I saw it posted online by Jon himself - otherwise I wouldn't have done as well as you on the lyrics.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

What do you know...I downloaded this album today. I haven't had a chance to listen to much though.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Kristin Baker said...

Crazy but true story. I grew up with Jon's wife. Her name used to be Amy Sebastion. Her older sister and I were best friends from 4th -8th grade when our dads pastored a church together . . . and he graduated from AU where we went. Weird, huh? Anyhoo, good stuff.

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home