Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Some thoughts on Star Wars

As I was sitting at lunch today, I came to a realization about Star Wars. And while I was sitting in the auditorium waiting for the collegians to get ready to rehearse, I figured I'd jot them down. Just a disclaimer, while these thoughts are one hundred percent Jeff Myers, I'm sure some one else has thought of them.

Star Wars is really a red neck fairy tale.

Luke Skywalker was raised by his aunt and uncle on a farm in the middle of nowhere. He has no idea who his father is, but he really likes hanging out with his friends driving his camero (or hover-craft car). At one point in the series, he has akward and complicated feelings towards his sister that are later resolved. But not until he and his birth father get in a fight. Obi Wan Kinobi is a moon-shining backwoods mystic. Hans Solo is a bit of slob who spends all of his time with his busted up truck (millenium falcon) and his dog. But don't worry, like in all redneck fairy tales, he shapes up and get's the girl. That is all

3 Comments:

Blogger derryprenkert said...

1. Hilarious. I'm sitting in an airport and laughed out loud, only to receive dirty looks from every business man seated around me. If they only knew what I was reading...

2. I got to get you a uber-hip picture so you can make me a nice header to my blog. I'll go download some pictures of Corey and superimpose my face.

4:11 PM  
Blogger Hannah B said...

wow that makes me wanna see it more and more....=)

6:35 PM  
Blogger Corey Mann said...

yer dead to me, over.

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home